Learn what to do and most importantly, what not to do to make beautiful faux leather and Iron-on earrings for Valentine’s Day
Today, I offer you a free SVG file including, not one, but 4 pairs of Valentine’s Day earrings. They are made from faux leather and super easy to make.
DIY Valentine’s Day earrings
To make them, I will refer you to the video of the festive earrings that I made during my 12 Christmas Crafts challenge. But just before, I have important tips that I want to mention because often we learn a lot more from our mistakes and oh did I make some!!
Continue, it’s important you learn too! This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience and at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Materials and tools required
- A way to cut your faux leather and vinyl (I have the Cricut Maker but the Explore Air 2 is fine also)
- Easy Press (whatever the size, even the mini can be fine)
- Cricut protective sheet or Cookina
- HTV vinyl (the one I use in the video is Cricut Iron-on Foil Red)
- Faux leather in red (I bought mine at a local fabric store and it costs me not event 2$ for 10 cm x 54″)
- Cricut Faux leather, black (this is the bundle I have)
- Jewelry pliers
- Fishhook earring findings
- Jump rings
- Free SVG file available in my resources library by subscribing below.
Important to know when making DIY earrings
- Test the cut settings
- Use your purple mat
- Pay attention to the adhesive tape
- The engraving tip doesn’t work 100% on faux leather.
For all the details, see the video. And don’t forget to subscribe to my channel.
Thanks for being there. I hope you enjoyed these tips. If you think I forgot anything, just leave me a comment below!