People have been asking for a Cricut that can cut wider than 12 inches (30 cm) for a long time and here it is, the new Cricut Venture that can go up to 25 inches (63.5 cm)!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience and at no extra cost to you. Click here to see my full disclosure policy.
In this post, I explain in detail what the new Cricut Venture is so you can see if it’s really for you.
Cricut took 6 years to develop the Cricut Venture. There is no need to say, they have studied everything and they have thought of everything.
The specifications of the Cricut Venture
Instead of launching into a big explanatory text, here are important points of the Cricut Venture.
- For sizes of 13″ and 25″. (33 and 63.5 cm) wide (adjustable when Smarts materials are used or any size when using mats)
- Cuts more than 100 materials
- Can make extra long cuts (single image up to 3.6 m (12 feet) and repeated images up to 22.8 m (75 feet))
- Works at incredible speed and accuracy (cutting up to 25.4 in/sec)
- Can write, draw and score.
- Can do Print and then cut (see below)
- Works via Bluetooth
- The desktop version of Design Space must be used (cuts cannot be launched from the application)
- Its angled design saves space (imagine otherwise the space you would have to have behind the machine!!). The Cricut Venture is made to be installed on the edge of a table or on the docking station (table) sold separately or in a Bundle.
- Its dimensions are 88.3 cm (34.8 in) wide by 22.4 cm (8.8 in) deep and 26.4 cm (10.4 in) high
Tools that can be used
The Cricut Venture is compatible with all the tools of the Explore family:
- The basic fine point blade (on the other hand, it will wear out quickly and that’s why the Venture comes with its own extra-durable fine tip: the Performance blade)
- Scoring stylus
- The foil tip
- Pens and markers (but you have to understand that on a very large surface, these will also wear out very quickly and that’s why Cricut also releases new pens! See below.)
- Bounded fabric blade (pink)
- Deep point blade (black)
A blade dedicated to the Cricut Venture
Although the fine point blade of the Maker and Explore families is compatible with the Cricut Venture, Cricut still decided to create a specific blade for the Cricut Venture.
The new Performance fine point blade (included with the Cricut Venture) is specially created to withstand the speeds, forces and pressures generated by the machine.
New Cricut pens and markers
Cricut is also launching new markers with a larger tank. There are two pieces of good news in there:
- These are permanent markers!
- They can also be used in the Cricut of the Maker and Explore! (As for the Venture, it will be necessary to remove the pen adapter)
Can the same mats be used?
Unfortunately not. Cricut tried everything so that the same mats could be used. But they quickly realized that the Cricut Venture was so fast and powerful that it cracked and undulated the original mats to finally shred them!
Ultra-resistant mats have therefore been created. They are called “Performance mats” and are in the same colour ranges as other Cricut mats, but darker. So dark blue for “Light”, dark green for “Standard” and dark purple for “Strong”.
Performance mats are available in two sizes:
- 12″ x 24″ (30 cm x 60 cm)
- 24″ x 28″ (60 cm x 71 cm)
There will also be a card mat coming soon for intensive productions!
Materials that can be used
New Smart materials the width of the Cricut Venture will be sold:
- Permanent Smart Vinyl (1.5 m rolls. (5 feet); 6.4 m (21 feet); 23 m (75 feet))
- Removable Smart Vinyl (1.5 m rolls. (5 feet); 6.4 m (21 feet); 23 m (75 feet))
- Smart stencil (1.5 m rolls. (5 feet); 3.6 m (12 feet))
- Smart Iron-On (1.5 m rolls. (5 feet); 3.6 m (12 feet))
- Smart Iron-On Glitter and Holographic (1.5 m rolls. (5 feet); 3.6 m (12 feet))
- Smart Sticker Paper (33 cm (13″) x 63.5 cm (25″)
Cricut will also have new 24″ x 28″ cardstock, the same size as the mats.
For other materials, it will be possible to use them with mats as is the case with other Cricut! The Cricut Venture cuts more than 100 materials. You can see the full list here.
Can 13-inch Smart materials be used?
Note that the Cricut Venture is adjustable from 33 cm (13 in.) to 63.5 cm (25 in). It is therefore possible to use the 13-inch Smart materials that have been designed for the Explore 3 and Maker 3.
Does the Cricut Venture do “Print and Cut”?
Yes! The Cricut Venture does Print then cut. In addition, an update of Design Space will allow a really larger print and cut (obviously, you have to have the printer capable of doing that!) Here are the sizes that will be available:
- 8.5″ x 11″ (Letter)
- 8.3″ x 11.7″ (A4)
- 8.5″ x 14″ (Legal)
- 9″ x 12″
- 11″ x 11″
- 11″ x 17″ (Tabloid)
- 11.7″ x 16.5″ (A3)
- 12″ x 12″
- 12″ x 18″
- 16.5″ x 23.4″ (A2)
- 24″ x 12″
- 24″ x 28″
-13″ x 19″ will also be available soon.
The Cricut Venture price
The Cricut Venture is not for everyone because of its features, but also because of its price which is above $ 1000
It is particularly aimed at people who have a business and who are looking for a reliable, easy-to-use, fast and successful machine for batch projects.
But the Cricut Venture can also cater to people who want to take their passion to the next level!
I invite you to follow this link to see the prices in your area. Here are the materials and accessories contained in the box of the Cricut Venture:
- The Cricut Venture machine (obviously!)
- The Performance fine point blade (already installed in clamp B)
- Accessory adapter (already installed in clamp A)
- Cutting tools (a kind of small knife to be inserted into the slot to cut the roller once the cutting is complete)
- Roller holder
- Cleaning tools
- USB-C Cable and USB-A Adapter
- Electrical cable
- Extension to support mats
- Black Removable Smart Vinyl 33 cm x 76.2 cm (13″ x 30″)
- White Removable Smart Vinyl, 63.5 cm x 1.8 m (25 in x 6 feet)
The docking stand will be sold separately or in a Bundle. The latter is designed specifically for the Cricut Venture since it has cavities that make the machine interlock on the support to avoid any displacement.
It has a roller stand, anti-static baskets (to prevent your materials from falling to the ground and dust sticking to them) and casters that can be locked!
The Cricut Venture will go on sale online only for Canada and the US on July 25, 2023. We will have to wait until August for the compatible stand and the bundle.
For England, Ireland, Germany and France it will be in the fall!